Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

CLA + new curtains for $100.00? Yep.... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » CLA + new curtains for $100.00? Yep. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Lewis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If anyone is interested in Eastern European camera sales and repair bargains, How does a CLA and curtain replacement for $100.00 with warranty sound?

The dealer is Dr. Gejza Dunay in Slovokia. His e-mail address is [email protected] He is on e-bay as Cupog, with a USA address for payment if you wish to pay via money order, as I do. I just bought another Praktina FX (CLA'd) for $97.00, plus $20.00 for shipping. If you google "cupog" you will find that he has an excellent reputation for quality and integrity. He will also CLA and replace the curtains (on a Praktina, at least) for $100.00, TOTAL including return shipping!

If you send him an e-mail, he communicates well, although time-zone delays are sometimes a pain. I hope you will do business with him- quality and integrity deserve our support!

Jack

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you paid the sponsers for your use of this advertising space?

Peter Lewis

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, actually, I'm not doing this for him, but for us. Those uf us, at least, who cannot afford $225.00 for a CLA and shutter replacement on an old camera we'd like to use. I don't need to be paid to pass the word about an honest man.

rick

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't dealt with Cupog, but from what I've heard he is a good fellow; and this sounds very reasonable.

I think most of us at this particular venue, though, tend to do this sort of work ourselves.

John Cribbin

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a Cupog story to put his service in perspective.

In 2000, I purchased a late CZJ Flektogon 50mm for the Pentacon Six from him. After about three years the infamous white spots were visible in the barrel. I stripped the lens, could not see the source of the spots, but painted everything matt black anyway to no avail.

I contacted him asking for advice on dealing with the problem. I was told 'Send it back to me and I'll sort it for the cost of return postage'.

How many of the major companies would offer that level of service down the line. Never mind a second hand purchasefrom an individual?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration