Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 201 Advance Lever Stuck, ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta SRT 201 Advance Lever Stuck, Self Timer out of position « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Flanders

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 07:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to fix a Minolta SRT 201 with the advance lever stuck at a partially cocked position and the self timer stuck part way back to it's uncocked position.

The shutter button won't depress. The film advance release button was stuck down, but I could free that.

I took the bottom plate off and fiddled with things to no avail, except for the advance release button.

Any thoughts?

Ed

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Make sure the shutter is cocked and then fully cock the selftimer--that should release things--there is an interlock in bottom, at trip rod area.

matt bogusz

Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope you all get to the bottom of this.

I have the same problem with an SRT 101. In my case the shutter release button is in the down position. The cocker is near the ASA dial. THe cocker has a little play but won't budge beyond that, even with a bit of careful force.

I can push down the self timer and press the little release button. THe self timer will unwind but stops about 2/3rds of way up. No shutter release happens.

Bigboy1984
Tinkerer
Username: Bigboy1984

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have had same problem with my 101's. I first depressed the button on bottom of camera next to battery then I advanced the film with lever, then pushed the self timer down, and then pressed the small silver (ball) button right above the self timer and it reset itself. Now my camera's did not have film in them so I dont know how this would effect one that had film in it. Maybe this might help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration