Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Baldina shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Super Baldina shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Mannock

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another Balda problem, this time a Super Baldina in excellent optical and cosmetic shape, but the shutter is not working. I have seen other Balda cameras with the same issue. The lens pops out OK and the trigger button is moving linkages inside the camera, but I suspect that part of that mechanics is broken. I cannot find a repair manual online, but do have the half a dozen shutter repair manuals and the right tools. How do I get into the mechanical parts of this camera. There are no obvious external screws and I have not taken off the top knobs to see if there are screws underneath the film advance, etc. This is a very nice camera that I would like to be able to use. Dave

Stuart Willis

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Dave ...

The Super Baldina is a technical mightmare.
I explored one a couple of years ago and made copious notes as sfterwards to form a Microsoft Word file of several pages.
My work was successful but I shall never again visit a Super Baldina. I am happy to send you the Service File (Word document) if you insist upon being a masochist.

Cv01jw
Tinkerer
Username: Cv01jw

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stuart...

I am hoping you are still checking this board. I was recently given a Super Baldina which my Grandad picked up it a box lot of old cameras. I am having the same shutter problems as Dave above. Would it be possible for you to send a copy of the notes you made to me?

Kind regards

James

Elocinahtnamas
Tinkerer
Username: Elocinahtnamas

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, April 06, 2007 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

perhaps this is not the place to ask these questions - - but I just purchased a Super Baldina for ten bucks and understand the premise of a rangefinder but am not entirely sure how to ensure that I am properly setting the camera. I know how to focus and such - and i understand that since there is no lightmeter i need to use either a handheld or the sunny 16 rule...but there are a few features i have no clue about. for instance - the ASA only goes to 200 - - can i use 400 speed film and if so how will i set it? also - what are the other numbers on the dial to the left of the viewfinder? any help would be appreicated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration