Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkormat FTn confusion Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Nikkormat FTn confusion « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CJ

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All,

I've recently been given a very nice Nikkormat FTn. The meter actually works, and it seems to have a fresh battery. However...

I can't remove the battery cover. So my questions are:

- the cover will turn counter-clockwise but won't move out on it's threads. I'd rather not have it drilled out, and thought I might glue some implement to the cover, wait for the glue to dry, then try to turn & twist it out.

- WHY does the compartment cover have a diagram of an arrow turning clockwise, with the arrow pointing to an "O"? Confusing as hell. Looks like it's trying to say: "turn clockwise to open".

Can anybody enlighten me on these matters?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CJ

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never mind.

I did a keyword search, thinking that my suspicions would be confirmed--that the "O" was binary; therefore meaning 'off'.

Nope.

Thanks again to one of Rick's posts, the battery cover does, in fact, come off backwards.

I hope I have provided you all with suitable entertainment for today.

PS: The FTn is built like a tank, and the shutter sounds like a bear trap.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration