Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3 release shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica T3 release shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Wing

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My shutter releases prematurely when the film transport lever is on the way back (after advancing the film). I can hear a click about 1/2 way back and then the shutter releases. It doesn't happen all the time which is driving me crazy. I did take the top cover off a while back to fix another problem but I believe I put everything back correctly.

Any thoughts out there?
Richard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jamie MacQuarrie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also have the same problem with my Konica T3 shutter and it happens only sporadically as well. Another problem with my shutter is that the reflex mirror sometimes is slow to return to it's viewing position after a shot is fired off. Also the shutter seems to stick open occaisionally a little longer than it's intended to, especialy in cold temperatures. These problems only seem to happen when a lens is mounted, and seem to be more frequent with some lenses more than others. With my 28mm and 50mm Hexar and Hexanon lenses the problems with the shutter seem to occur frequently, but not with my 100mm Hexxanon lens, and not without any lens mounted at all. I think that the mechanisms must be gummed up with dirt and oil and that the whole camera probably needs to be opened up and cleaned. It is at least 30 years old after all. I'm a little aprehensive to do this maintenance myself untill someone assures me that you can do it yourself. Anyways just thought I'd let you know your not the only one out there experiencing shutter problems with your Konica T3. Hopefully someone out there can suggest how we can fix these?
Cheers

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration