Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon EOS Rebel difficulties Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon EOS Rebel difficulties « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cynthia

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just made a private purchase (stupid stupid stupid) of a Canon EOS Digital Rebel. It works great and the pictures are clear except once in awhile i see what looks like a smudge when i take pictures that have like a foggy sky or a grey sky. What would do that? Also, when I look through the viewfinder, it appears to be dusty inside but I have blown it out and had the mirror cleaned and it's still there. It doesn't appear to affect the pictures at all but does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be behind the mirror or in the viewfinder itself? Also, does anyone know of any camera repair shops for Canon in Nova Scotia besides Halifax? Thanks!

Ben

Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
First of all, you might try posting your question in a forum that's more digital oriented...most of the people on this forum are interested in all mechanical cameras made before or at least minimally electronic film cameras.

Your first problem might be dust on the sensor. If that's the case, it's probably best to let a professional handle the cleaning rather than risk damaging the sensor.

As to the second problem, it could just be an inherent property of the viewfinder. I never have been too impressed with any of the Rebel viewfinders, which all to my knowledge use mirrors rather than solid glass prisms as used in most other cameras. It could be that you're also seeing the grains of the laser matte focusing screen stand out more due to light loss in the mirror and slow kit lens. Most of my older SLR focusing screens begin to get grainy at around f4, which is right where the zoom lens included with most SLRs falls when wide open.

Richard III

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

>Also, does anyone know of any camera repair shops for Canon in Nova Scotia besides Halifax? Thanks!

The Atlantic Ocean works for me; although mostly plastic yout R____l will still sink.

Richard Rex

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration