Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

YASHICA DSB 50mm/1. 9 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » YASHICA DSB 50mm/1. 9 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

hypr

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 09:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have this lens but i cannot see the apperature open or close. During light metering if i turn the apperature ring the values change. So are the blades stuck or is this lens bladeless?

The repair article on this site says:
Focus adjustment only.
Unscrew the front outer metal cover. The nameplate disc will come with it. Inside the focus grip you'll see the 3 lockscrews that hold the focus grip to the focus drive. Loosen these and do the normal trial and error adjustment with the lens on the camera.
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/variouslenses.html

-many thanks

P Laskey

Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the lens off the camera and rotate the diaphragm ring, the iris should open and close then. If this is done with the lens on the camera you will not see the iris operation as it only closes down to the set aperture when you release the shutter. Normally if the blades are glued up they will close down but not spring open.
PL

hypr

Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 03:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

P Laskey: I cant see anything change when i take it off the camera and change f/stops.
I can easily see the apperature blades open/close on the 135mm lens i have when off the camera. (it even has dof preview but 50mm lens dosent have dof preview) How does it still meter correct at other f/stops if it is stuck fully open which is what hapened i guess?
-thanks for your help PL

P Laskey

Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds as though turning the aperture ring is feeding the correct setting to the meter but the actual blades are stuck or something has broken. I've no direct experience with this lens, has anyone here worked on one?_?
PL

Michael Linn

Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the blades are stuck (as the post indicates) the lens will need to be disassembled from the rear.

There are four cross point screws which need to be removed. They are sometimes a bit difficult and may need same acetone for loosening. Once removed, the back assembly exposes the rear lens group which is held in place with a screw mounted retainer. Once this is removed, the rear lens group may be removed, remembering that the rearmost lens is now loose and the plastic container which holds the group is a friction fit which needs to be removed carefully. Now to the front.

Unscrew the whole front component (holds the name ring) and then remove the three screws holding the focus ring on. Then remove the front lens group which is a friction fit. At this point you have removed all of the glass and the diaphragm can be carefully flush cleaned with alcohol or naptha.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration