Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 101 shutter speed string ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta SRT 101 shutter speed string came off « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently got a model A SRT 101. Seems to be in good shape. I put in a battery and the meter functioned fine. I noticed that the follower hand did not go all the way to the top. I tried it again and noticed that it quit moving all together. Now I cant control shutter speed or apperture settings. I braved taking off the top and found that the string attached to the shutter speed dial was loose. I cannot figure out how it goes back on. Does anyone have any diagrams or info on how this goes on. Once connected does this solve my problem or did something else cause it? Got it cheap so I have nothing to lose but I really would like to get it going. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because the SRT is a fully manual camera, you can still take pictures without the meter. If you want to get the meter indicator working, you will need the service manual to learn how to re-thread the cord. If the cord is broken, you will have to replace it with a precisely cut length of dimensionally stable cord. You can salvage the cord from a junker, or you can find some bead-stringing cord from a craft supplier. You will probably also have to recalibrate the meter to use silver cells or make a spacer so that you can use hearing-aid batteries (675).

SRTs are very rugged and relatively easy to restore, but you need to get precise information from the web or a repair manual to do the work.

Bob

Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 02:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a SRT-101 parts diagram if that helps:

http://www.savefile.com/files/4835838

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration