Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Perkeo II shutter release button Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Perkeo II shutter release button « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve M

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter release button mechanism on my Perkeo II
isn't going down far enough to make contact
with the metal piece (at about 10 o'clock when looking at the lens head on) that trips the shutter.

I can trip the shutter by pressing this part with my fingers or a pencil with no problem, but this would cause unnecessary camera shake.

Any ideas where the problem lies ?

Thank you.

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 04:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do not know the Perkeo II in detail but on a Perkeo I folder I once owned the shutter release mechanism was adjustable. There is a pivot inside the front door which holds the lever linking the shutter release shaft on the body to the shutter lever. The position of this pivot is adjustable, thus changing the ratio between both arms of this lever.

In some cases the shutter/lens assembly is simply misaligned a bit. With reasonable force (and gripping it firmly around the shutter housing while holding the fold-out mechanism) you should be able to turn it a few degrees.

Steve M

Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info. I tried this advice as well as a post of yours I found in the archives from June '03 and the shutter release works fine. Now I can try out some film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration