Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 524/2 Synchro-Compu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 524/2 Synchro-Compur Shutter stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Kukurudza

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just purchased a Ikonta 524 with a jammed up shutter. It seems to be stuck closed. I imagine that it need to be taken apart and ??? I would be pleased to hear if anyone had any ideas or could direct me to resources.
Thanks
Doug

paul ron

Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These shutters are easy to work on and generally don't need anything more than a good cleaning to get em going again.

Caked up grease and gunk can be disolved using a non-lube contact cleaner which I like for the presure washing or a good overnight bath in white gas to really disolve that heavy grease buildup. Once all dry these shutters humm along nicely for another 15 years till their next pit stop.

rick

Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Doug:

This page will give you a general idea of how these shutters are built and where to look to clean one. You may find something more specific to your model if you do a hunt on Google. Go slowly and carefully, and note your steps as you go in as a guide to putting it back together. A digital camera is also handy for photographing each part just before you remove it so you can see exactly how it goes back later. You will need a set of jeweler's screwdrivers, some cotton swabs and a bottle of Ronsonol or Zippo cigarette lighter fuel.

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-55.html

Be sure to look at the link at the bottom of the page for the accompanying text.

paul ron

Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 03:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.davidrichert.com/zeiss_521_16_compur_rapid_shutter.htm

http://www.daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/compur/compur.html

OH yes I forgot to give you a couple sites for your shutter as well...You'll find tons of info on these shutters just by doing a Google.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration