Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Smena 8M repair (disassembly?) Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Smena 8M repair (disassembly?) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laura Jolly

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I partially disassembled my Smena 8M to clean it (which may not have been smart?), and somehow managed to knock part of the shutter release out of place. I'm not even sure what I did though, because I can't get the camera all the way open. When I take the screws out of the top section, the rewind knob prevents me from completely removing it. That was fine when I was just trying to blow some canned air in there, but I can't fix the problem if I can't get to it! I'm certainly no professional, but if I could take the camera apart, I could at least get a better idea of the problem.

So

Is anyone intimately familiar with the Smena? Does anyone know how to remove the rewind knob so I can get at this problem? Can anyone point me in the direction of a Smena repair manual or some helpful information?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration