Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fix streaking on focusing screen Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Fix streaking on focusing screen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tracey Marshall

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

I just got a used Mamiya m645 camera. There is seems to be some sort of streaking on the focusing screen. Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to buy a new focusing screen?

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If its oil or grease, you can remove it with Ronsonol or liquid detergent/water. Obviously you remove the screen first and if you use the detergent/water route, you may have to gently agitate the surface with a lens brush.

If the screen is scratched then you have to put up with it, or replace. If you have trouble finding a replacement, I believe Rick Oleson is selling 6x6 fresnel screens. Look him up on this forum to see if he can help you. His email is

[email protected]

Winfried

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would not recommend any DIY focus screen cleaning method, since there is a high risk of damaging the fine embossed structures on the screen which is made of plastic in many cases. Take it to the next optician and have it cleaned in a pro ultrasonic bath, and don't forget them to give a donation to their coffee fund.

Ed

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes these marks can be removed by gently wiping the a Kleenex saturated with isoproply alcohol (not rubbing alcohol. Don't drowned it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration