Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Polaroid SX-70 wouldn't close. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Polaroid SX-70 wouldn't close. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JC

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 01:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I live in Boston and just bought Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1 Land Camera. But it stopped working after I took 7 pictures w/ time-zero film.
Now I can't see anything through viewfinder and cannot close the camera either.
I called Precision(which is in CT) to fix it but they would want me to pay 104 dollars so I decided to fix it by myself.
I asked some guy and he told me the gear might be jammed and it is not that complecated part to fix.
I've found some websites that sells repair instructions, but would that be helpful for me who don't have any knowledge about this camera?
And where can I get the tools I need to disassemble it?
Thanks.

rick

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 06:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to have an SX70 repair book from Ed Romney, which I got rid of because I wasn't interested in repairing them (neat cameras though they are). I would highly recommend getting it, the construction of the camera is unique and it helps to have a guide as you go. Last I recall it cost about $20 from the edromney website...

reborn

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this site gives you valuable information :
http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/SX70.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration