Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME super stuck curtain Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax ME super stuck curtain « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Keely Young-Dixon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a pentax ME super on which the curtain does not fall all the way down after I take a picture.(And so the mirror stays up) There is gummy black stuff on the curtain which I am assuming is causing the problem. I can usually get it back into place by using my fingernail to help the curtain along (and thus returning the mirror to the correct position as well). I do not know much about the insides of a camera, but I am in China for the next year and cannot find a camera repair place in my area. I have read on other posts to use Ronsonol or Zippo lighter fluid to clean it...but I cannot find those in CHina either. Can I use any type of lighter fluid? And does anyone have any good pictures of how to take the camera apart enough to clean the curtains?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try some isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs--continually wiping/tripping until sticky is gone.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration