Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K1000 shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax K1000 shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mac English

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could someone help me with my pentax K1000 in reguards to getting my shutter to work. I believe thats what you call it. You have to make the shutter come down manually by hand then once I have done that I reattach the lens.

Then if you take a picture the shutter will go back up and will not come back down so that I can see thru the view finder to take another picture.

The veiw finder is totally dark with no light coming in at all. The shutter is stuck in the closed postion. The only lens I have for this thing is a Toyo optics 35-75 MM lens. I am not sure if this is even the right lens for it.

This camera is sentimental to me as it was my mothers camera before she passed away in 1992.

Any help or advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. If I can get it repaired rather cheap I would like to know where I could send it to be fixed. I live near Chicago, IL

Thank You,

Mac English

paul

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the mirror foam (what the mirror hits when i goes up) may be sticky (old, needing replacement), making the mirror get stuck in the up position. i have a pentax k2 that this foam has actually fallen off and put sticky residue in the shutter, which is a lot worse that the mirror just sticking. which reminds me, i've got to get advice on that...but this is your forum!

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what happens if you take the lens off when the mirror is up--does it come down?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration