Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FM2/n shutter malfunction Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Nikon FM2/n shutter malfunction « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shekhar R

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 01:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Nikon FM2/n shutter--abnormal behaviour at cold startup.
Shtterspeed 1, 1/2 fires at higher speed. after couple of exposure it bahaves normally. please let me know the problem and solution.

Ed

Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 04:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It could be that the shutter blades are gummy and that it clears itself after firing a few times-look at the blades and see if there appears to anything sticky.

rick

Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think it would be the blades that are sticky; more likely the timing escapement. This is located on the front of the shutter module, below the shutter speed dial, and it is reached by removing the mirror box from the camera. A pretty large job, but doable if you've got some experience working on cameras. I have some sketches for this if you'd like to give it a shot.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration