Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Problem encountered with mamiya 645 1... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Problem encountered with mamiya 645 1000S « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alexandre Bermand

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 03:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have found a second hand 645 100S for nearly peanuts. However, I found a peculiar problem related to battery.

When I put a new standard battery, the shutter works well and accurately (btw thanks for the shutter speed tester recipe !).

Yet, after a few hours, I found the battery nearly exhausted. I thought that it was because the speed dial was put in a bad position. But it wasn't and the battery exhausts whatever the speed dial position is.

Of course, the camera works well when the battery is new, but I don't want to change batteries twice a day.

Has anybody encountered this issue ?
Or maybe have you hints on the way to tackle this ?
One more thing: I have a PD finder plugged in. Maybe it is the suspect, and it sucks all the power out ?

Ed

Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

disable the finder and see if it still dddrains the battery.

Alexandre Bermand

Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 03:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,

Actually, that's just what I did yesterday night :-)
I measured the intensity produced by the battery in the different cases: with or withoutfinder and with different positions of the speed dial.
I first measured a permanent leak of about 5mA with finder and 2.4mA without.

... Until when I put the dial in the 'B' dial, when the multimeter display soared !

I removed the battery, checked it and placed it again.

It then showed 0.0mA in every case.
I kept the battery in all night long and it didn't exhaust.

I wonder if I did something wrong when putting the battery the 1st time (such as having the mirror stuck in the "up" position) and a capacitor was charged accidentally

I will try to make real photos with it this weekend and see how if it occurs again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration