Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya / Sekor Auto SX 1.4 55mm lens ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Mamiya / Sekor Auto SX 1.4 55mm lens reassembly. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SX

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I disassembled this Mamiya / Sekor Auto SX 1.4 55mm lens to clean and relube.

Now I'm having trouble putting these elements back together without the focus ring being disconnected and useless.

http://www.imagekafe.com/image.php?image=c2ced.jpg

The order I'm going in is: screw ring (1) into ring (2), screw ring (2) into lens face (3), then slide focusing ring (4) over lens face (3). When I do this, focusing ring (4) is loose and doesn't turn anything.

There are 3 screws with washers sitting in the middle of ring (2), and they don't seem to properly fit into the holes in ring (2) from which they came. I believe this has something to do with it, but just looking at the screw placement, it doesn't seem like the screws would affect anything.

Any tips or ideas? Anyone done this before? Anyone have this SX lens that could take a look at it?

Any helps is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

(and yes, I know I violated the rule of taking pictures as you disassemble so that you aren't confused when it comes to reassembly...silly me.)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration