Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

(Mechanical) Seagull SLR - Mirror stu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » (Mechanical) Seagull SLR - Mirror stuck up.. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nathaniel

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a bit of an amateur with mechanical SLR cameras, and my old SLR (maybe 10-15 yrs old), Seagull's, mirror is stuck up and the shutter button won't release and the advance lever won't budge. Should I go to a professional or can I fix this problem myself? If this is fixable by myself then I'll be grateful for any help offered.

Michael Linn

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 05:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It may be a copy of an early Minolta design- say an SR-1 to SR-7. You might do a search that way. But I would suspect that the second curtain hasn't finished it's travel and that is the reason the mirror is still up and the wind lock engaged. Try moving the curtain gently toward the rewind side. If the mirror drops, you have found the problem. The solution is to then clean and lubricate the camea.

Zakaria Elsayed

Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 06:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Mike. I tried your advice on my Minolta XG-7 which had the same problem of mirror stuck up, and I did fix the problem in 1 minute. Thank you again very much.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration