Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Winding lever disassembling in praktica Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Winding lever disassembling in praktica « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Ross

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 05:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw NOTES ABOUT PRAKTICA MTL-3 by Rafael Alday, I remove cover of the winding lever and washers, but i dont know how can I wind lever disassembly.please help! sorry fo my english

Peter Ross

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, i disassembly winding lever,revind lever and speed and asa dial....I dont know how can i disassembly hot shoe....here no screws! nothing...:( i really need help my praktica is blocked

George Welcher

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The metal cover on the bottom of the hotshoe simply slides back once you unclip the front. Pry up the front edge with a thin narrow blade (exacto knife, dental pick, etc.), being careful not to scratch anything. once the edge is up, slide backwards. You will see three screws holding the hotshoe on. It comes off fairly easily, but getting it back on is another story, as the screw closest to the front goes into a sort of floating plate that also connects to the wire for the hot shoe. When re-assembling, attach this screw first. Good luck!

Peter Ross

Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok thanks,hotshoe disassembled:)but i cant takeoff top cover, i think that is the ring under revind lever(rev lever is disassembled) fault.

Peter Ross

Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok thanks,hotshoe disassembled:)but i cant takeoff top cover, i think that is the ring under revind lever(rev lever is disassembled) fault.

George Welcher

Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter, once you get the rewind knob off (hold the shaft staionary with something that won't damage the forked bit at the lowere end that engages the film cassette -- a small piece of wood works), you should see a lock nut at the centre of the ring underneath. You will need a double tipped tool to loosen this. A specialized spanner wrench is best, but often a sharp pointed pair of tweezers, divders or calipers will do. Insert the tips into the slots on the nut on either side of the shaft and rotate counter clockwise. Once this is off, and the four screws around the top plate have been removed, the top plate itself should lift straight up and off.

Peter Ross

Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This lock nut at the centre of the ring is really hard screw in.I cant screw it up:( ( i try counter clockwise) I dont have specialized tools, i must improvize.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration