Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-700; horizontal line in upp... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta X-700; horizontal line in upper portion of picture « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ray Bush

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After years of sitting my daughter decided to get involved with photography, so she picked up my Minolta x700 camera and took a roll of film, shot it up, developed and was disappointed in the end product. She showed me the pictures which all of them had a thin white line in the upper portion of the frame. Of course she couldn't use any of the photos. My question is, what caused the white line? How do I correct it for her. BTW, the original body I had was an SRT201. I was told since that I had worn this body out the replacement would be the X700, since I had a lot of lens. Appreciate your help. Ray
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How thin was the white line? The X700 has a horizontal shutter, so I can't think of a shutter fault that would produce a horizontal line. If the line was razor-thin and across all frames, I would suspect a scratch on the film - this could have been caused by something in the body, a bit of dirt stuck in the light trap on the film canister, or something in the processing machine where you had the film developed. Of these possibilities, the last is the most likely.

If the white line is a broader, fuzzy area at the top edge of the frame, it could indicate a light leak along the bottom of the back door.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration