Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 101 Issues - Overlapping ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta SRT 101 Issues - Overlapping (HELPHELP) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nate

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I Have a Minolta SRT 101 and when i develop my negatives they are overlapping, so i used an old roll of film to see if it advances right, it works the first few advances then it "slips" inside without the film or collector roll turning at all or a little but the arm moves all the way so it can take another picture, the film was correctly inserted, i have no idea how to fix this.

rick

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might have a damaged film sprocket. I haven't looked inside it in the SRT, but in some cameras the sprocket is plastic and driven by a metal pin inserted crossways in the metal shaft through the center, so that the pin sits in a slot in the plastic. The plastic in this area can wear out so that the metal shaft and pin turn without turning the outer plastic part with them. This might or might not be repairable, depending on the design, and materials involved.

In a Pentax where I found this problem, there were two slots in the plastic on opposite sides but only one was engaged by the pin (and one side was worn worse than the other); by adding a pin to the opposite side of the shaft I could ensure that the good side was always engaged and get at least a temporary new lease on life for the camera. You may or may not be able to do something similar with the Minolta.

Film sprockets are usually not very easy to remove for service; the metal shaft through the center generally has to be removed, either from the top or bottom depending on the camera, before the plastic outer shell will come out.

Bob

Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a SRT-101 parts diagram if that will help.

http://www.savefile.com/files/4835838

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration