Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FD 35-105 1:3,5 repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon FD 35-105 1:3,5 repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Oli

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody.

I own a old Canon FD zoom lens 35-105 3,5 which needs to be repaired. It is a little bit slackly. The slack is between the diaphragm ring and the focal distance ring. I think there is only a screw ore something else laxly. But I can not find out how the back end (the bayonet and the diaphragm ring)is fixed to the rest of the lens.
So if anyone here has a exploded view or repair manual of the lens, or simlpy know how to do, please let me know.
Kindly excuse my bad english, I am from Austria :-)

Nice greetings from the heart of europe,

Oli.

PS: At the link below you can see a picture of my lens ant where the slack is located.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1274/fdn35105mmf35c0kn.jpg
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Set focus on infinity, 35mm focal length and f3.5.

First remove the three screws that hold the stainless steel bayonet ring in place. These are the screws on the ring that has the lens lock release button. Make sure that you have the correct fitting screwdriver and that it has a large grip. These screws are tight and threadlocked, so need plenty of torque to free up. Make sure the lens is well supported on a thick pad of material ( a well folded towel ) and apply plenty of downward pressure to the screwdriver. If you mess up the screwheads, they are a devil to drill out.

Pull out the bayonet ring - attaching a rear cap will give you something to pull on.

Now lift out the lens mount unit. Never separate this unit, it contains approx 100 small steel balls.

Now look into the rear of the lens; you will see facing you, the heads of three + head screws ( the heads can be black or silver and they are referred to as slotheads in some Canon manuals. I have never seen slotheads used here. ) - these hold the mount ring to the helix/zoom assembly. Tighten these three screws up - tight. It is these working loose that is causing the unwanted movement in your lens.

Replace the rear mount unit and the bayonet ring.

I recently posted instructions on replacing the rear unit on a 50mm FD lens - search the archive if you experience any problems or alternatively contact me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration