Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Problem about Olympus Pen EES-2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Problem about Olympus Pen EES-2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ricky

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everybody,

I am the new comer of the classic camera and this is my first classic camera, Olympus Pen EES-2. I have already fix the problems of the apeature and the red flag. But in the maintance, I find that the needle of the meter is not move so sensitive. I have try to put the torch in front of the selenium cell very close, it seems that just a part of the selenium cell is work and it's not very accurate. Although I put the camera near the light, the red flag still raise. Is that mean the meter of the camera was damage? Is there any method to fix it? Thank you very much for all of your help.

Harv

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ricky - Just one thought about the light meter needle - how much it moves depends on what film speed it is set for. The red flag comes up a lot sooner at ASA 25 than at the other end - ASA 400.
I've played around with several of these cameras and the light meters seemed to be quite reliable.

john

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ricky,

Several ideas for you to check out:

1. If you take the top cover off you should be able to see the meter's needle. Does it move when exposed to brighter light then back when you cover the selenium cell with your hand? Sounds like you may have already done this and it's OK.

2. What Harv said about the ASA dial is correct. When you move the ASA dial you are turning a perforated ring underneath the little "jeweled doughnut" cover. Did you diassemble the front of the lens? If so, you have to make certain that you got this perforated ring back in the correct orientation. That's how you would calibrate the meter.

3. Is there any fungus under the "jeweled doughnut"?

If you fixed the classic sticking aperture problem, then my guess would be no. 2 above. Is it possible someone else worked on this camera before you?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration