Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Battery replacement nikkormatt el Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Battery replacement nikkormatt el « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

john murphy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

please help me with this.i have a near mint nikkormat el that i will need to change the battery soon on and the manual but it does not show how to get at the batter,it just states that after you lock the mirror up the battery is located in the bottom of the mirror box.i just do not see anything that looks easily removable to get at the battery and before i ruin anything ithought i would ask for help first.thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 09:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, John.
There is a little cover that lifts up at the bottom of that area. When you lock up the mirror, you can lift the cover up, revealing the battery. If you need an image of this, please let me know. Also, if you need re-sealing instructions for the Nikkormat EL, they are right here. Over to the left...in the orange section...under Favorite Classics, click on Camera Articles and you'll see "Jon Goodman's Re-Sealing Instructions." There is a special set for the EL there. If you need re-sealing materials to do a nice professional job, please let me know about that, too.
Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration