Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus T32 flash question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus T32 flash question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

seanmckinney

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just recieved a cosmetically very nice T32 from someone on ebay. Unfortunately there is a problem. There is or should be a spring loaded lever on the back of the flash that pushes the rear control panel to the right when the control panel is released. The buisness end of this lever has been broken off and consequently the panel has to be removed entirely manually. That in itself is not a problem but my concern is that this lever may also trip a micro switch etc inside the body of the flash.

Does anyone know if this lever does trip a micro switch etc inside the body of the flash?

Ta

rick oleson

Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 02:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, I don't believe so. The switch is the slide across the bottom of the panel... you will notice that if you have this set to one of the AUTO settings, when you remove the panel and put it back in blank-side-out for "TTL" operation, it pushes the slide all the way to the left - back to the full-power MANUAL setting. There is no difference between MANUAL and TTL AUTO on the T32 flash, so I just leave the panel in place and set it to MANUAL when i want to use it in TTL mode.

rick

seanmckinney

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 02:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ta, I also found this http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/T-32.pdf
which seems to show it as a simple mechanical device, section c1 or 1c.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration