Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Om10 and bounce grip 2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Om10 and bounce grip 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

seanmckinney

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 05:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok I boobed, I missed paragraph 2 on something like page 27 of the pdf manual for the bounce grip 2 that says it doesnt work with the OM10. Bummer. So now I have an OM10 and a bounce grip 2.

Two questions
1) has any one seen an off camera hot shoe adapter for an OM10?
2) if I can get or make one would it be feasible to adapt the DIN cable of the bounce grip 2 (BG2) to connect such an adapter to the BG2? I would probably need "pin outs" for that.
I dont see why the DIN cable has possibly 6 condutors, unless some are redundant, when the T20 and T32 flashes have probably 4 contact hot shoes.

Ta

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you Google 'OM10 off camera hotshoe adapter' you will find a load of stuff on how to sort this out - I have just done it now out of interest. See the site below for instance:-

Re: [OM] PC Adaptors & Off-Camera Flash... Steve Schaffner Again, there is an adapter that is a hotshoe with a ... previously is what I used with my T32/OM-10 till I ... OM] PC Adaptors & Off-Camera Flash, KRIS ...
lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/1998-05/msg01086.html - 9k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Above is Google entry. Number of similar entries.

You may find that the number of conductors in the cable, has more to do with the cable diameter that the plug requires, than the actual number of feeds between the units. The idea behind this type of specification is standardisation, nothing more or less. So the standard for the chosen hardware, might dictate that the proper cable has more conductors than necessary.

seanmckinney

Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah ha so now I know what a pc adapter is. However the ones I have seen have, I presume, only 2 conductive path's. Those being the centre contact on the hotshoe and the shoe's mounting contact. The OM10 has 3 as far as I can see. However "Terry and Tracey" in that thread have given a solution I hadnt thought of, I have a flash extender and the cover is loose, I can probably adapt that without butchering the extender.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes there was a very snotty letter in this weeks AP magazine, berating the technical editor for stating that a certain camera he was reviewing had no PC socket. The writer rambled on about connectivity to a computer via the specified firewire port - etc, etc!

The gentleman was politely put in his place by said editor, who pointed out that PC sockets have nothing to do with computers!

Another sign of the times happened to me this afternoon. Having just repaired the transport on a Pentacon Six I wanted to check the frame spacing, but had no 120 film. As there is a well known 1 hour processing outlet not 10 minutes away, the dog and I went for a walk.

After being told by the assistants that nobody has ever made 120 ASA film, I explained what I wanted! The answer I got was that the manager had worked for the company for 15 years, had never been asked for this and what was it!!

Mind you it has reinforced my view that their processing is so bad, because the staff are unable to use the processing machines properly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration