Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Cosina CT-1A repair help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Cosina CT-1A repair help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

pekka

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there everyone!

I got a Cosina from a friend and am trying to find out why it won't fire. I removed all the screws I could, got the bottom off etc. (found a couple of broken parts from the bottom) but now I'm stuck. The top would come off, if I could just get all the dials and cranks off, I just not dare to force-pry them off. Anyone with an exploded view of this one? Dismantling instructions in the written form? Anything? :)

Cheers,
Pekka

rick oleson

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think I've worked on that model, but usually there are 3 things to get out of the way: wind lever, rewind knob and shutter speed dia

(being afraid to force-pry them off, by the way, is a useful bit of self preservation instinct; nurture it)

In most cameras, the rewind knob just uncrews. Block the fork at the bottom end, flip out the crank and turn it counterclockwise. Check first for any hidden set screws in the knob though, and the shaft is plastic the knob probably lifts straight up after removing a screw.

Usually the hub of the wind lever is also a screw. Sometimes these are a left hand thread, so watch for that. You can usually unscrew this by pressing down on it with a dowel faced with double sided foam adhesive tape and twisting it. Don't force it too hard, it's possible to break them off. Some cameras hide all this under a plastic shell - in this case there will usually be a screw visible from below in the lever when you pull it away from the body.

The shutter speed dial will most likely have either a 2-hole pin face screw in the top, or set screws in the sides (sometimes both). unscrew these. You may have a tricky time getting everything lined up right for reassembly, but hey, I didn't tell you to take the thing apart...

: ) =

rick oleson

Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(that should be "and IF the shaft is plastic...)

pekka

Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot, I got the top off, and could dismantle everything else; except the shutter release and self timer mechanics. The mirror and it's casing are still inside too, I think if I'd get them out of the body that would enable me to remove the shutter release and timer mechanics too. But the lens mount is in the way of the mirror case. Any tips here people?

Cheers,
Pekka

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration