Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Going Away in 4 Days to Yosemite from... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Going Away in 4 Days to Yosemite from Australia - Camera play games! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuwr250f

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Im hoping for any opinions or advice urgently about a specific problem with my S602 camera. As we are leaving to go on our Trip to the USA (we are from Australia) in 4 days time I'm very frustrated that my camera has decided to play games (not really keen on buying a new camera in a hurry, this one is only 2 years old!, plus I would like to research buying another at my leisure). The problem is when I power the camera up and it is ready to go it lasts about 10 seconds then auto shuts down completely retracting lens(just like it is going into power saving, however it is not, as I have played with those settings, even disabled the power saving)...If I press the shutter button it comes back to life for another 10 seconds, sometimes allowing a couple of hurried shots (not the way to take good pictures!!!) It seems like an intermitant problem, or a protective shut down...lose connection? dirty contact? I've openned it up and pushed and wiggled the main ribbon wires (a technique I used to resolve a problem I have had with a DV Cam...okay yeah I'm feeling a little desperate)with no improvement...Anyway any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance. Stuart

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 07:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nothing you can do with this, Fuji do fixed price 'repair' on their digital kit. However at 3MP, I would see if they do any trade in offers on their latest models.

stuwr250f

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, very painful...I have just tried plugging the power supply in and it does the same thing...funny thing is that it went for about 10 minutes straight then stopped again...whilst it was going it appeared that the screen had a very very slight flicker...it kind of indicates to me (very limited technical knowledge) that the power regulator is faulty in the camera..seems like a protection mode....

Michael Linn

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If going to Yosemite for a rare visit (yes been there twice) I would respectfully suggest getting some kind of working kit in order. Maybe even a film camera!

Please understand that I sympathise with you on this- it is painful to find things not working on the eve of a a major trip, and I would be carrying a compact digital camera by choice myself on such a trip.

Tim

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not me. Digital cameras fail at three to four times the rate of older film cameras in working order.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration