Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Ftb. & T90. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon Ftb. & T90. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim Hinchliffe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 03:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ftb.
This question feels rather silly but what can you do ? The rewind crank and spindle aren't in the camera but in my pocket. What's another way to get the back open ?
T90.
EEE Help for the second time. I know this is because of inactivity, but is there anything that will stop it happening ? Does it make any difference to take the batteries out ?
regards'
Tim.

doug

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tim
With reference to your FTb, what I use is a strong paper clip, open it up, and make a small hook about 1/4 inch, you will have to try a few time until you locate the catch. But it does work.
doug

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your T90 problem is more than inactivity, it is an indication of the well known shutter problem these cameras have. Look on the UK eBay site under Canon T90 - you will find a T90 shutter service offered for £50. The gentleman offering this is a Paul Wood - a good repairman, who also offers a full service (including new back up battery) for £70. Deal with him direct and you get a substantial discount. His work is good value, quick and guaranteed.

[email protected] is his email address.

curt

Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tim,
The bent paper clip suggestion is a good one. I find if your spouse has a crochet hook for knitting they work excellent also. The key is patience. Good luck.

Tim Hinchliffe

Posted on Monday, March 27, 2006 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help, folks. I now know that the catch on the FTb is at one o'clock, looking down on the thing with the lens uppermost, and it's not very big either.
Glen, I'm already a big fan of Mr Wood, it was him that unfroze it last time. What I know now that I didn't know then is that just leaving the thing on the shelf is a real good way of making the problem come back. I'll get in touch and see if he discounts for repeat business. After that I'll remember to actually use the damn thing occasionally.
Here I am with a lovely set of FD lenses, a jammed FTb, and an electronically disadvantaged T90. Maybe I should get a couple of adapters and use the glass on something that works.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration