Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Riverting Kodakk poket no1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Riverting Kodakk poket no1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joel Raymond

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I have a kodak poket no 1 series ii, i would like to replace the bellows but they are riveted to the lens mount.

Has anyone tried to remove the rivets and replace them with new rivots, I cant see this bieng too difficult with the right tools.

Anyone can offer me help on riveting a kodak?

If re riveting is straight forward i might take the whole thing apart for cleaning then re rivert it back together.

Thanks

JR

John Shriver

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can drill the rivets out from the inside after removing the lens.

I have found NO source for replacement rivets. I use very small flat-head brass machine screws and nuts, in the 0-80, 1-72, or 2-56 sizes. I cut the bolts off flush with the nuts on the inside. I also try and find the "small form" nuts.

You will also find that the other end of the bellows is held on with bent-over metal tabs. You can bend them out and back ONCE to replace the bellows. Next time, they will certainly fall off due to metal fatigue.

----

Home Page: http://john.shriver.home.comcast.net/

Peter Wallage

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In the UK you can get very small rivets down to 1/16 inch or even 3/64 inch diameter from many model railway engineering shops. I get mine from Mainly Trains in packets of 20. They do a postal service from their website
http://www.mainlytrains.com

I imagine many model railroad engineering shops in the US also stock them.

They aren't all that cheap, about £3 a packet, but you pay for the convenience. The manufacturers and big wholesalers usually want you to order a minimum of 1000.

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration