Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Autoreflex t4 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica Autoreflex t4 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles Dykstra

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 08:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a student low on cash so I decided that for my 35mm needs I would go with a Konica T4 with a motor winder. It has worked well for me for a few months taking great contrasty pictures and avoiding all the problems I had with electronic cameras (namely pentax zx-5n). However while shooting in Maine I was loading film and all the sudden the camera locked up can't wind and can't shoot, however the mirror is still down and I am able to look through it. I love this camera and it has been great to me before this also I love speed priority I shot with a pentax Me for a while and never liked the fact that I couldn't take it to full manual. If anyone has any ideas on what is wrong and possibly how to fix it myself, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try removing the bottom plate to see if you can disengage the wind lock. Don't force anything. By poking around a bit, you should be able to find the lever or cam that locks the advance mechanism, and you should be able to push it away to allow another wind cycle. If you see any obvious breakage, repair will be required. Old T4s are available on eBay at reasonable prices.

Charles Dykstra

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks so much for the advice, I did what you said and managed to free the lever, it turned out that it was jamed by a loose screw, after tightening it down the camera is good as new. Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration