Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta III wind-on j... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta III wind-on jammed? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Cookson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 03:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just acquired a very nice Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta III. After initially seeming fine and before I even put a film through it, it now won't wind on. The shutter fires OK (Is there supposed to be an interlock?) but there is a red spot in the window on top and the wind knob won't move. Any ideas?
Also, does anyone have a manual for this camera?
There is a round button on the back of the top housing which looks like it should move, but it won't. Is this connected to the winder? Does this reset the counter perhaps?
Any answers to these questions gratefully received.

Alan Cookson

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since posting this message I have discovered the problem. There is a lever on a very powerful spring which resets the counter by pushing it downwards once the back is closed. This part has been broken at some point in it's history. It has subsequently been repaired by brazing it back together. The tip of the lever had to be gently shaped with emery paper and lightly greased to stop it jamming.
The camera is now functioning so that I can put a film through it.
The only thing which is not functioning is the double exposure prevention. The blank frame prevention is working, but I don't mind too much about it.
I would still like to hear from anyone with a manual for this camera.
Regards

Ezio

Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 07:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The round button is to remove the top & dismantle the camera. Leave it alone.

Ted

Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I might have a pdf version of the manual at home - email me and I will check...Ted

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration