Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K1000 film speed dial ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax K1000 film speed dial HELP « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

paul

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi,

i have a pentax k1000 that really doesn't want to have its film speed selector put back together and i need tips. i have all the parts and a replair manual...i put it together properly with the tabs lined up, but when i screw it down and lift up the knob, the speed selector dial does not move. if i loosen the screw to get it moving, it spins but does not drop into place at all, except for where i first lined it up (bulb and 100asa).

please help! i want to get this fixed so i can sell it. but i'm afraid it'll be thrown soon against the wall if i don't figure this one out.
thanks, -paul-

George Welcher

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are three small set screws around the base of the shutter speed selector. Normally, it is not necessary to touch these in order to remove the dial for servicing. If they are loose, the dial probably would not move when the selector is turned.

paul

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry, i think i need to clarify the way i worded that....the dial DOES move to select shutter speeds, but when 'lifted' to turn and select asa speeds that inside asa selector does not move. -paul-

George Welcher

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, sounds like the tab on the bottom of the ASA dial is not engaged properly in the appropriate slot in the inside base of the dial. Mind you, I'm basing this on the Spotmatic, not the K1000, but these cameras are very similar in construction.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is correct - George's diagnosis is right on. It is a little tricky to put the ASA dial back on when the slots are not engaged properly. One almost needs three hands to do it.

Jan

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration