Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-2 Self Timer Lever Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM-2 Self Timer Lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colin Melhuish

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 03:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks,
Just removed the self timer lever from my OM-2 in order to replace the leather and now find that I cannot re-engage it with the clockwork mechanism that drives the self timer. Does anyone know the required trick to relocate the lever with the mechanism?
Cheers, Colin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colin Melhuish

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 06:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I feel daft answering my own questions, but just have to say I've now got it sorted :-)
All I had to do was slightly "prime" the clockwork mechanism by rotating the inner metal lever by about 1/8 turn anti-clockwise. The main plastic lever then dropped into place and engages nicely. OM looks way cool now. Blue (fake) lizard skin leather :-)
Cheers, Colin

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration