Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica GS Shutter Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica GS Shutter Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a new Yashica GS, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the camera. First off, the shutter sticks once i a while. I was thinking of cleaning the shutter to take care of that, but I wanted to see what you all would recommend.

Second problem is a little more vexing. I've put in a battery and the battery test lights up, but it seems that no matter what the low light indicator never lights and the shutter always shoots the same speed. What could be the problem? Is the meter shot? Any help would be appreciated.

charlie

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yashicas of this type may have electrical system corosion, starting from the battery compartment and following the wires through the wiring. If the shutter always fires at 1/500 sec. this may well be the problem. See the "Yashica Guy" website for procedures for diagnosing and repairing electrical problems. See Roger Provins website for wiring diagrams for Yashica rangefinders. Good luck.

john

Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It could be the Pad of Death syndrome - check on Yashica Guy or Matt Denton's websites.

Relatively easy to fix :)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration