Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

RMC Tokina 28-85mm focussing ring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » RMC Tokina 28-85mm focussing ring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

King Regula

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just bought an Minolta srt101 at a yard sell and it came with two lens a MC Rokkor 55mm and RMC Tokina 28-85mm for 10 bucks. What I like to know is has any one had any experince on disassembling and RMC Tokina 28-85mm as the focussing ring just ceeps trunning only time it will focus is if I hold the ring hard. Looking at the lens I am thinking it maybe some loosen set screws for the focussing ring. Tho I cant see any why to get at the set screws from the front unles there under the name ring. Do I just lift and pull out the name ring some how or do I get to the set screws from the back of the lens?
I would appreciate comments for instuction/repair information that any one can give

King Regula

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had taken the name ring off at the front and one the set screws where loose. works good now.

seanmckinney

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If like the 25-50mm F4 then, from memory, roll back or off the focus ring's rubber grip and the screws are exposed or covered by a ring of tape. If the tape is present it may be holding two bits of the focus ring together but dont worry too much about that. Just try to avoid turning the front element holder off the end of the lense body, if it comes off it can be awkward to restart. I cant find the lense I fixed otherwise I would check the proceedure. The lense was sold as jammed focus and zoom but otherwise working. After fixing the jam which took all of two minutes I found the iris was occasionally sticky so its dumped in a box somewhere.
Again from memory once the rubber grip was removed it was fairly obvious what had to be done and I have only done a few lenses so I would guess you can take it from there, if not let me know and I will have a hunt for the lense.

seanmckinney

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, thats odd, I saw no replies yet your own is now showing dated 3days ago, pesky PC is playing tricks again.

Michael Marcus
Tinkerer
Username: Tamronsp

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi King Regula,

I just recently won a Tokina SZ85 28-85mm F/4 lens on eBay. Please check the following link to see if your lens is the same model as mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300008055946

If so, I have a somewhat similar problem in that my focus ring turns a bit past infinity, yet the lens doesn't quite reach infinity focus. My question is, is the front label ring glued in place or does it unscrew? Thanks for your help!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration