Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM20 / OM G top plate removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » OM20 / OM G top plate removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary Whitehead

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have an OM20 with something floating around in the viewfinder, so I need to get the pentaprism off to sort it out.

First job top plate. Obvious screws out, wind lever off, mode selector off. Attempting to pull the top plate up, there seems to be some resistance around the ASA selector. I am guessing either pull a bit harder (!), or attempt to prise off the top of the selector dial - either which of course will lead to damage if I'm wrong.

If anyone has been this way before, advice would be appreciated. Also any advice on how to get the pentaprism free and clear would help - I am sure that I will find a rats nest of electronics that has to be moved out of the way when I get there.

Many Thanks,

Gary Whitehead.

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, you have to (carefully) pry the top plate off of the ASA dial - you will find a screw under it.

Peter Clarke

Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an OM 20 that works well but the shutter speed LEDs on the left side of the view finder don`t illuminate.Does anyone have any information on what might cause this and a possible cure?
regards,Peter.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration