Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

LEDS NOT WORKING ON MINOLTA X700 ,HEL... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » LEDS NOT WORKING ON MINOLTA X700 ,HELP!!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

GEORGE

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I HAVE A X7OO MINOLTA EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT THE LEDS AND THE LOW LIGHT WARNING SOUND. PLEASE HELP . I AM SOMEWHAT HANDY WITH FIXING JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. JUST NEED THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO.

[email protected]

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just read this on another forum. I'll pass it on in case it helps.

Without actually inspecting the camera it can be hard to determine the exact problem. The "X" series Minoltas do have a common problem that causes the camera not to fire and thereby appeared jammed. Although quite common this problem is not easily rectified - the cost of repair would most likely to exceed
the value of a X370.

This problem involves the 2 trigger capacitors that are part of the release circuit of the camera. These capacitors become defective at an alarming rate in "X" series cameras and when they go they render the camera totally useless.

Have you checked the archives? If this is a common problem there may be instructions in there someplace.

WernerJB

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Archives, that's the key word,
I once saw an excellent site (in German) on which somebody gave a lengthy dissertation, including pictures, about a repair, I think it was http://twid.de/x700/ , but I am not sure. (Sorry, but usually I am not interested in electronic crap, like most of us here), W.

seanmckinney

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Werner just had a quick looksee and that looks to be a cracking site. Many thanks, I am off to save it

seanmckinney

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 05:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does any one know how to save a page ALONG with the linked pages?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration