Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM10 Shutter sticking Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » OM10 Shutter sticking « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
The shutter on my OM10 is sticking - over exposing my pictures. It used to be ok but recently started to intermitantly do this and now does it all the time. I'm sure it's a matter of lubricating something but I have no idea where to start on this - what oil to use, what I should oil, how to gain access without destroying my camera etc.
I'd greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

Dave.

rick

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my guess is that the magnet that holds the second curtain open is sticky and needs to be cleaned. don't recall details of the OM10 but you ought to find it between the baseplate and the floor of the mirror box.

Adrian

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave,

I believe there is an OM10 repair manual somewhere on the "Repair Manuals" link to the left of the screen, which may help. Certainly our host here has posted one somewhere, as I've looked for it myself. However I didn't dare try anything on my good OM10, as it was an intermittent fault...

Adrian

Andreas Berg

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem with the sticky magnet is a well known OM10 problem. I just fixed my fujica AZ-1, which had the same fault. Thanks to Stuart Willis! Really easy. Take a look further down this forum for his instructions. Rick is right about the place to look for the magnet in the OM10.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration