Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vito Automatic II's stuck... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Voigtlander Vito Automatic II's stucked shutter! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SadBear

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got a Voigtlander Vito Automatic II, but the shutter is stuck. So I wish to clean the shutter blade (I think it is the problem),but I can not dissemble th lens.

Somebody here knows how to access the shutter blade?
Thanks!

Stuart Willis

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 07:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You clearly are not an accomplished camera tinkerer. It is probable that the problem is not the shutter blades (although it could be of course) - but rather in the "Automatic" linkages.

From experience I can tell you that Vito Automatic II is no cake-walk. If the camera is cosmetically in fine condition you would be wise to entrust it to competent experienced hands rather than face the very real risk of ending up with a paper bag full of bits and pieces.

SadBear

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,Stuart!
But I tried in the manual mode, it still the problem
The reason that make me think the problem is the blades is that, the meter react swiftly to different light situation.

Of course, as you said I am not an exper t at all. And your advice is really good.

I got this camera at a low price, but repairing it is very high. So I just ask here to see if it is possible to settle it by myself. If it cannot be repaired by myself, I will have to turn to expert.

Thanks a lot anyway!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration