Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica electro 35 gsn Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica electro 35 gsn « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

saqiii000

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello guys
i have a electro last week i was taking some photos after taking some the shutter release button got stuck to some thing and it did not come back to its original position i removed the top and tried to pull it back but it was a bite tight tan normal an when ipressed it again it got stuck again i do not know what to do can you gys help me
thanks

RJ

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to see no one has answered your post - perhaps it's been some time since anyone has tinkered with one of these Electros.

Sounds like something has jammed (I deserve an Oscar for that insight!)

Can you trip the camera with a cable release? A self-timer? If not, then either a mechanical obstruction or seized up parts. Failing shutter trips are more common with completely mechanical cameras, but at least the mechanical linkages were easier to observe and trace their path. Perhaps that's just me. Anything with the name 'Electro' sounds too complicated.

Hope someone can answer your query.

Good luck.

George Welcher

Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might want to take the bottom off as well, since part of the shutter release linkage is located there. Check out the following online information:

http://www.yashica-guy.com/

http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/cameras/electro_inside/

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration