Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Cannon rebel 2000( us version of EOS ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Cannon rebel 2000( us version of EOS model) shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Karyn Schafer

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello, my shutter plate won't actually open! in the automatic or manual function my display is normal, but when i press the shutter button. it sounds like the shutter opens only half way and then the display shows no battery power. i have replaced with new batteries and still same problem. then i took the lens off to see whats happening in there and the plate doesn't even open to make a exposure. any suggestions? is it serious or just needs a clean?
HELP!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a common fault, but it requires more than a clean to fix. Find a Canon service center or a repairman that knows his way around the EOS cameras. In the UK this is normally a fairly cheap repair

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration