Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pen D film advance trips shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pen D film advance trips shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

doug lowell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have, now, two Olympus Pen Ds with the same problem. When I wind the film advance, instead of stopping after the shutter is cocked, it releases the shutter and continues winding, then releases the shutter again and continues winding.

Anyone have this problem? Is it a simple fix? If not, do you know of anyone who works on Pens?

Thanks so much

rick

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Doug:

My guess is that the shutter needs cleaning.

simon

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi i am currently fixing the same problem with one i have just purchased the shutter probably needs cleaning which is farily easy if youve done one before but can be a little tricky as they are pretty small i should have the shutter done by this week respond if you need any pics of the diasembly procedure thanks Simon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration