Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Maxxum 50 question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Maxxum 50 question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrewh

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 08:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a minolta Maxxum 50 and I recently starting having a problem with it. When I take a pic I have been getting i cloudly pic or I have been getting half of the pic on one frame and half of another pic on the same frame. Any ideas?
The only issue that may have effected it was a trip to NYC from Mississippi (humidity?)

M Currie

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not really quite within the scope of antique camera discussions, so you may not get any better than guesses.

First, have you tried it with more than one roll of film? It could just be a tight or defective roll that isn't winding on properly, or not have gotten properly engaged with the takeup spool. and of course, you should always make sure the batteries are fresh. If it isn't that, then you have a mechanical problem that probably means a trip to the repairman, because these things are pretty tricky. Older Maxxums (e.g. 7000) had a problem with some mechanisms, including the notorious "aperture base plate," that would cause similar problems, but I would hope they had fixed this weakness by now. If not, well, get ready for a repair bill.

John Shriver

Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the negatives. Maybe the monkey at the "lab" didn't line up the film right when scanning for printing.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration