Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica ST705 Self Timer not firing Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Fujica ST705 Self Timer not firing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alf

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently bought a Fujica ST-705 SLR in very good condition except for the foam that has all gone "gooey". This I can fix but my big disapointment is that the self-timer is working well but will not trip the shutter. The shutter release button starts to move down but not far enough to trip the shutter. Some advice or a link to a service manual would be a great help. I believe the ST-701 and ST-801 are similar models.

Thanks - Alf

Brian Schall

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alf

Here is the best site I've found on Fujica cameras.

http://pentax-manuals.com/fujica/fujica.htm

Click on M42 cameras, then click on the link for the ST705. At the bottom there is a link for a repair manual. It may help. I'm starting to work on a ST701.

Alf

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 05:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Brian that site is just what I needed. I did have trouble downloading the repair manual until I used FlashGet.

The Fujica ST-705 Repair Manual and Parts List is very detailed with lots of illustrations and descriptions and would be applicable to other models as they are very similar.

Brian, have you a source for adhesive foam?
Many thanks - Alf

Donnie Strickland

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 08:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alf, you can get the best foam kit from Jon Goodman -- he sells as "interslice" on ebay; he also posts here from time to time. He is the author of the resealing article on this site. Absolutely unbeatable and he'll ship anywhere.

Brian Schall

Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I second the kit from Jon. I've done 4-5 cameras so far with his kit and still have plenty of material left.

Alf

Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the advice for the foam kit I shall look for Interslice. Mean while I'm busy removing the old gooey foam with a toothpick. What a terrible job, the bits of foam go every where.

I see that the Repair Manual has 130 pages, I should find what I'm looking for in that lot!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration