Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM2 Buying Advice - Jammed Shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » OM2 Buying Advice - Jammed Shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Josh Levine

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have been looking at purchasing an OM2 and have come across what may be a good deal on eBay.
The camera looks to be in good condition, but has a jammed shutter.
I have asked the seller about the mirror, batteries etc and he says that the mirror is up, he has installed batteries, and the camera will not advance.
Does it sound like this camera would function if the shutter was reset, or is it likely that there is a bigger problem and it should be avoided?

Thanks in advance,
Josh Levine

Josh Levine

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just reread the message, the camera has batteries, but these may not be new, I have asked the seller to perform a battery test.

Josh

rick

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it SOUNDS like a standard case of dead batteries. just putting new batteries in won't clear it.

After installing batteries, you need to set the shutter to "B" (which requires pushing a little lock button on the side of the lens mount). This should make the mirror drop, after which the shutter should operate normally.

if this does not clear it, then i would pass on it - an electronic repair probably won't be cheap.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration