Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Tenax in a Coma Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zeiss Ikon Tenax in a Coma « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles Miller

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not exactly sure of the year (appears to be early to mid-1960s), but I have a pretty little Tenax in excellent cosmetic condition, but with some major problems, I think.

Does advance okay, and shutter releases okay---but, about 25% of the time, shutter releases WHILE advancing, all by itself. Also, my F-stop ring is frozen, shutter speed is frozen---nothing between the camera body and the rubber hood can be adjusted.

I see no signs of corrosion or gunk, inside or out. And I don't want to use brute force, although it's coming to that. Any ideas? Danke!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration