Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Primo Jr aperture control disconnected Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Primo Jr aperture control disconnected « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Wilton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Newly acquired Primo Jr seems to be fully functional, except that the iris (viewed from the back of the camera) does not open and close as the aperture lever is moved and the f-stop indicator in the peep window changes...it is permanently fully open. I imagine these are similar to a Rolleiflex, and that it could be fixed by simply lifting off the front panel and replacing front panel so that the aperture lever on the shutter properly engages a key on the front panel lever.

Rather than returning it to seller (if that is an option) this may be something I could try to fix.

Has anyone worked on these...would prying up the leatherette expose 4 screws, removal of which would allow front panel to lift off? Anything I should be aware of? Anyone have service manual/exploded drawings?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Shriver

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 04:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While I've never had any reason to open up my Primo Jr, this is completely consistent with the construction of my Tokyo Kogaku Laurelflex (earlier 120 size TLR).

---

Home page: http://john.shriver.home.comcast.net

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration