Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Samurai X4 memory backup Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica Samurai X4 memory backup « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

P. A. Poropat

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would appreciate some assistance with locating and replacing the lithium coin cell used for the memory backup. The owners manual recommends returning the camera to an authorized service, but I can remove a panel and change it out if I recieve some guidance.
Thanks
Paul

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many of these cells are soldered in or buried deep inside the circuit boards - hence return to Service Centre. I doubt if anybody on this Forum will be able to give you specific details on how to do this, camera is far to modern and basically impossible to home repair.

M Currie

Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This may be a complete wild goose chase, but on some cameras such as the old Minolta Maxxums, the backup battery is found behind a little screwed-on plate, behind the regular batteries. If you're lucky, you should be able to find somewhere a small metal plate held on by 3 or 4 little screws, in a location where such a plate would not otherwise make sense.

If not, sorry, you're on your own.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration